Explanation of Formats
- The 'Web' version is the default that is displayed on this site. It loads the book as a page
right on the site. No additional software is necessary. Probably the easiest version for
- This 'Printable' version is recommended if you just want to simply and quickly print off the
document onto your printer. It contains all the formatting (bold, italics, images, etc) that
you would expect, but doesn't clutter the page with menus and other stuff, that should only be
on the web.
- THML (Raw XML)
- This version is only for the technically inclined. It is not readable in this form. It is
the source by which all the other versions on this site are derived. Most people will
have no use for it. Special software would be required to make any use of it.
- Adobe PDF
- PDF Files are a widely popular format of electronic documents. This version offers more
features than many of the others. It includes a linked table of contents, PDF bookmarks,
page numbers, etc. This version is often preferred for storage on your local computer.
- Plain Text
- This is the most basic of formats. It contains no special formatting. Everything is in plain
ASCII text. This version is useful if you cannot handle many of the other versions. Also, in
some cases, it is the easiest to use, if you simply want to cut and paste a large portion of a